Python for Test Automation
4 days online course, 6 hours per day.
20 300 SEK- online course
Python is a high-level programming language with its powerful library, clear syntax, and high readability has emerged as one of the “must-know” languages.
This course covers the latest Python 3 language features and how to apply to test and process automation.
The most recent updates to the standard library are covered (e.g. data classes, asyncio, multiprocessing) as well as the most popular 3rd party Python packages (parsing yaml, xml, html files, interacting with web services, GUI frameworks). For acceptance testing you will learn about Behavior Driven Testing (BDD), Keyword and Data driven test frameworks like Robot Framework. The course consists of theory mixed with practical exercises to put into practice the concepts taught.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
QA DevOps teams, Software developers and testers responsible for the implementation and automating the testing of software applications and devices.
Format: Instructor-led online training
Duration: 24 hours, delivered in 6 modules, each module 4 h
Instructor: The course is presented by an international software consultant with over 20 years of experience in C/C++, Python and QA process automation.
We want to offer private trainings for companies, tailored to team requirements and additional topics (e.g., C/C++ testing with Cython or PyBind11) and more flexibility of number of course delivery days, and number of participants. Ask for a company course!
COURSE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
No previous knowledge of Python is assumed, although attendees should be familiar with at least one programming language.
Prior knowledge of a scripting language (Perl, UNIX/Linux shells) and Object-Oriented concepts is helpful but not mandatory.
- Master the fundamentals of developing Python script
- Setting up Python development environments
- Learn about modern features introduced in Python 3
- Get an overview of the Python standard library
- Practical exercises using Python based test frameworks
Module 1 – Python Language
- Python Interpreters & Extensions
- Migrating from Python 2 to Python 3
- Coding Best Practices and Style Guidelines
- Package Management & Virtual Environments Configuration
- Python Development Tools: PyCharm, Visual Studio Code (VSCode)
- Python Language: Keywords, Operators, Basic Data Types
- Built-in Functions
Module 2 – Python Language
- User-Defined Functions, Classes, Modules and Packages
- Lambda functions, List Comprehensions, Generators, Decorators
- Standard Library Highlight: collections
Module 3 – Python 3 Standard Libraries
- Session 1: Runtime Features
- Session 2: Application Building Blocks
- Session 3: The File System
- Session 4: Text & Regular Expressions
- Session 5: Dates and Times
- Session 6: Data Persistence and Exchange
- Session 7: Data Compression and Archiving
- Session 8: Cryptography
Module 4 – Python 3 Standard Libraries
- Session 9: Mathematics & Data Analysis
- Session 10: Concurrency with Processes
- Session 11: Networking, Internet & Web Services
- Session 12: GUI Frameworks
Module 5 – Python Test Frameworks
- Unit & Module Testing
- Unit Testing (pytest)
- Property-Based Testing (hypothesis)
- Mutation Testing
Module 6 – Python Test Frameworks
- Integration, System & Acceptance Testing
- Behavior Driven Testing / Specification by Example (behave)
- Keyword & Data-Driven Testing (Robot Framework)